Welcome back to a fresh, new fall semester! That right, I said fresh and new- meaning that this could be a great new start for you. Maybe you need to adjust some things that weren’t quite working for you last semester/last year, or maybe you just have some ideas on how to make things better, or maybe you have new and higher goals. Anyway you look at it, this could be a great semester- if you make it so!
Tips to starting the semester off on the right foot:
- Remember to sign up for tutoring at the Academic Success Center on your campus.
- Remember that you should be checking your student email daily. If you don’t have access to your email, you need to see the service center on your campus as soon as possible.
- Stay organized! Keep a calendar of all of your due dates and homework. Keep all of your work for different classes organized and sorted. Remember to keep every syllabus for every class.
- Attend every class and stay ahead of the game. Give yourself time to get to class (and find parking) on time, and make sure that you’re making your classes and your schoolwork a priority.
- Keep your end-goal in mind. The things that we have to do on a daily basis to be successful in college can be difficult if we don’t remind ourselves what our main goals are. If you have a career in mind, remind yourself that going to class/doing your schoolwork/ reviewing your notes is something you can do today to help you get closer to that career.
Good luck making this your best semester yet!